Protecting the personal information we collect and maintain is as important to us as it is to you. Like any organization, we require a certain amount of personal information to conduct business and provide you with the products and services you want and need. At the same time, you have a right to know that your privacy is being respected and your confidential information is collected, used and protected appropriately. For that reason, we have policies and practices in place to safeguard and maintain the accuracy and security of your personal and financial information.
VERICO One-Link Mortgage & Financial meets or exceeds all privacy standards established by industry guidelines, provincial legislation, the federal Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act and all other applicable laws.
Our Privacy Code is a key part of our commitment to treat you fairly, provide you with superior client service and maintain the accuracy and security of your personal and financial information. The Code is guided by these ten principles:
We are responsible for maintaining and protecting all client information under our control and have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with the ten principles that comprise our Privacy Code.
When we ask for your personal information, we identify what it will be used for.
We require your knowledge and consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, except where it is required or permitted by law.
We collect information by fair and lawful means and limit our collection to those details necessary for identified purposes.
We use or disclose your information only for which it was collected, unless you consent otherwise, or when it is required or permitted by law. We retain information only for the time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
We maintain and update your information as accurately and completely as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is used.
We protect your information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
We make information available to you concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of your information.
At your request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information, and be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended.
Our Privacy Officer will answer any questions or enquiries you have about our Privacy Code or practices.
We have thorough and comprehensive security safeguards and standards in place to protect our systems and your information against unauthorized access and use.
- All VERICO One-Link Mortgage & Financial employees are familiar with procedures that safeguard Client information. The protection of your information is specified in our employment agreements and regularly confirmed in writing.
- We audit our procedures and security measures regularly to ensure that they are properly administered and remain effective and appropriate.
- We retain your information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. Depending on the product or service and the nature of the information, this period may extend beyond your relationship with us but only as long as it is legally necessary. When your information is no longer needed, we have procedures in place to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
- As part of their contracts with us, our suppliers and agents have confidentiality agreements in place and may not use your information for unauthorized purposes.
- We ensure all legal enquiries or orders are valid and disclose only the information required by law.
You look to us to offer responsible, reliable financial services and value-added advice. Collecting current, accurate information allows us to provide you with the best possible financial advice, and products and services you may find valuable.
To this end, VERICO One-Link Mortgage & Financial, our affiliates and partners in the Canadian mortgage industry, use or disclose your personal information to:
- provide you with services you request
- determine what products or services would benefit you
- develop, offer, manage and provide products and services that meet your needs
- determine what products or services you are eligible for
- determine your financial situation
- promote our services to you
- safeguard your financial interests by detecting and preventing fraud
- share with credit bureaus and other financial institutions when your credit history is required
- meet legal, regulatory and employment requirements
The information we request depends on the product or service you want. Much of the information we ask for is either mandatory by law or vital for us to be able to do business with you. Here are a few examples where you must provide us with specific information in order to obtain the product or service you want.
In order to comply with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency’s income reporting requirements, we must collect your SIN when you apply for credit financing.
Your financial information is also necessary to assess your eligibility for credit products you request, such as a mortgage, loan or line of credit.
Information about your health may be required to determine your eligibility for some of the insurance products you request.
Knowing your birth date helps us identify you and reduces the risk of someone trying to impersonate you.
We collect and maintain personal information from both our Personal Clients and our Commercial Clients. We may ask for information in person, or by telephone, fax, mail or Internet.
We obtain most information about you directly from you, however, with your consent, we may ask for information about you from a third party. For example, if you are applying for a mortgage or other credit, we may contact other lenders or credit bureaus for information about your credit history and we may also contact your employer or other sources to verify information you provide to us.
We are not in the business of selling Client lists or information about you to others but, under certain circumstances, we may release your information to outside parties:
We give the minimum amount of information necessary for our suppliers and agents to produce products and services provided to you through us. Also, as part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we sometimes employ the services of professional research companies to conduct independent Client Satisfaction surveys.
Just as we may request information from a third party when you apply to VERICO One-Link Mortgage & Financial for arranging credit financing, with your consent, we may disclose your credit history to other lenders or credit bureaus if you apply for credit at another institution. In these cases, we release only the information required to identify you and credit records about your repayment history.
We are obligated to provide information in response to a valid demand, search warrant or other legal enquiry or order. We may also disclose information to help us collect a debt owed to us and in the case of a breach of agreement or contravention of law.
As a VERICO One-Link Mortgage & Financial client, you must provide required information for a product or service you request. However, you can opt out of receiving promotional information sent to you by VERICO One-Link Mortgage & Financial by simply contacting us at our toll free phone number 1-866-954-7620.